FloSports Inc. is seeking to hire an associate editor with a proven ability to manage an engaging stream of content for multiple websites in a high-paced environment.
The ideal candidate has a pulse on what stories will resonate within each community in the FloSports network and takes pride in working with both staff and freelancers to bring them to life through written and video content. If you’re a savvy idea-generator and multi-tasker who knows the landscape of a wide array of sports inside and out, we want you to join our team.
Candidates must have a nose for compelling storylines and an insatiable desire to win. We’re looking for someone who won’t settle for second-best, no matter the situation.
- Create great web content, both written and video, from the idea phase to publishing.
- Work with internal and external teams to make sure live-streaming events go smoothly.
- Maintain content and travel budgets for coverage of live events.
- Oversee content calendar and event coverage.
- Use analytics to measure the subscription rate of live events and track the performance of content for each vertical under your watch.
- Drive engagement and subscriptions to FloSports sites.
- You will lead your team in content creation meetings, brainstorming to come up a plan that attracts readers and makes them want to stick around for more. You’ll listen to your audience and adjust your plans accordingly.
- You’ll seek out and utilize the best freelancers you can find and help them create killer content.
- You will be capable of handling multiple content projects at once because you're a multi-tasking machine. You can be relied on.
- You'll be a news hound, staying on top of every story and news item unfolding in your sport to ensure you provide comprehensive coverage to your readers.
- You'll make sure the content you create is in line with our unique voice and brand guidelines.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- You are an authority on the sports landscape and obsessive about staying on top of the latest developments.
- You are a fantastic writer and editor. Grammar mistakes drive you crazy.
- You love the feeling of breaking news before anyone else, but you also understand that being right is more important than being first.
- You are organized. You know how to prioritize your time. You manage multiple projects with ease.
- You are creative and analytical. You enjoy coming up with unique takes on stories and refuse to do something that has been done before. You thrive on taking an idea and making it a reality.
- You're a social media savant. You know how to write creative and engaging tweets that burn like fire in your community.
- You work well with management, but you’re also capable of doing stuff on your own.
- You wake up each day looking for a win. You can't wait to create new ideas and then execute them to perfection. You are competitive and driven to be the best.
- You have a bachelor's degree from a four-year college.
- Highly organized, self-motivated, and adaptable to change.
- Knowledge of HTML, photo editing tools (e.g. Photoshop, Pixelmator), and MS Office.
- Knowledge of AP Style is preferred.
- Knowledge of video editing tools (Final Cut, Premier, Avid) is preferred.
FloSports, the innovator in live digital sports and original content, partners with event rights holders and governing bodies to unlock a world of sports coverage that true fans have been waiting for. Through live streaming of premier events, original video programming, and weekly studio shows, FloSports is growing the sports, the events, the athletes, and the fans. Current verticals under the FloSports header include Rugby, Basketball, MMA, Football, Wrestling, Track, Gymnastics, Cycling, and more.