FloSports is seeking an extraordinary Sr. DevOps/Infrastructure Engineer who wants to improve and scale the infrastructure team. We’re building the future of Live Streaming & VOD OTT consumer experiences for millions of fans. Our team is dedicated to continuously improving the tools and cloud platform for our consumer web, mobile, TV and internal applications. This position will report to the VP of Engineering.
- Pave way for product engineering teams to continue innovation while keeping systems reliable by implementing tools, establishing process, and working with teams to identify and measure the KPIs across various platforms.
- Maintain and manage existing AWS infrastructure
- Ensure robust application monitoring, logging and alerts across our services
- Architect and direct our future infrastructure growth and expansion (Docker, Kubernetes, Serverless and more)
- Coordinate with development and product teams to plan for capacity and needs for the future.
- Collaborate with engineers to enable CI (continuous integration) and CD (continuous deployment) within our cloud environment
- Partner with engineering stakeholders to define platform requirements and underlying service implementations
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience (5+ years)
- Strong communication and collaboration skills with both on-site and remote teams
- You know what we mean when we say “DevOps” is a culture and not a role
- You love cloud systems, creating infrastructure as code and automating.
- Strong experience with AWS (including VPC, IAM, ELB, RDS, Elasticache and more), and automated configuration management (Puppet or similar)
- Knowledge and experience with Continuous Integration tooling (Jenkins)
- Experience with creating infrastructure as code, scripting and automation using languages such as Ruby, PHP, Python, Bash, Go, Puppet, Chef, etc
- Sharp and tenacious troubleshooting and performance optimization skills: you can fix anything and make it bigger, stronger, and faster
- Be willing to bring your ideas to life and help make lives of engineers better
- Google Cloud Experience (GCP) is a plus
- Experience leading a team is a plus
- Nginx, Varnish
- Vagrant, Terraform, Puppet, CodeDeploy
- Github, Jenkins, CircleCI
- Redis (Elasticache) and MySQL (RDS)
- ELK Stack, NewRelic, SignalFX, PagerDuty, Flood.io
- AWS, GCP
- Company paid health, dental and vision insurance
- Start-up environment with a proven playbook
- Fun work environment - impactful
- Flexible work schedule
- In house learning programs
- Open planned time off
FloSports, an innovative sports media and events company based in Austin, Texas, is the authentic source for content and a new world of coverage that true fans have been waiting for. Focused on three areas – live competition and coverage, original content, and owned and operated events – the company takes fragmented communities and provides them the platform to connect with the sports they love.
Through live streaming of premier events, original video programming, weekly studio shows, branded entertainment, and event creation and execution, FloSports is changing the game for the sports, the athletes and the fans. Current verticals under the FloSports header are Running, Elite Fitness, Wrestling, and Gymnastics.