As a backend engineer at FloSports, your code will reach millions of fans and unlock a world of sports coverage that true diehard fans have been waiting for. You will work on a cross-functional team directly involved in architecting and implementing the next version of our consumer-facing content delivery and CMS platform. You will expand and scale our RESTful APIs which power our Web, Native Mobile, and OTT clients (e.g. Apple TV & Roku). We are currently at 24 verticals, but we need your help scaling to 60+ verticals and to millions of subscribers and beyond.
You will report directly to managers who understand technology and even write code and push it to production. The platform team has many opportunities for a motivated engineer to have a huge impact and be recognized for it.
About the Core Engineering Group
- We do the majority of our server-side development in PHP with MySQL, Symfony 3, Redis, Varnish, CloudSearch, DynamoDB, Doctrine, and more
- We believe in using the right tool for the job, as such, we also have a few services written in Node.js
- We enjoy exploring new tools and ideas as our needs evolve, and we love working alongside people who are willing to try new things
- We do multiple deployments weekly across many projects and working towards CI & CD
- We have dedicated QA (with Automated UI Tests) and DevOps teams as well as Product Managers
- We do code reviews, write unit tests, and believe in the value of coding standards
- We recognize achievement, and promote from within
- We encourage collaboration, knowledge sharing, camaraderie and fun
- We do team lunches
- We offer competitive salaries and great benefits
- We give you a fully loaded 15-inch MacBook Pro or computer of your choice
- Highly skilled backend engineer who can write lean OOP PHP code
- Symfony 3 PHP experience strongly preferred
- Strong understanding of architectural patterns for large, high-scale web applications (e.g. well-designed RESTful APIs, efficient algorithms, data pipelines, caching techniques)
- Passion for producing elegant, clear, maintainable, and testable code that teammates want to build upon
- Diligent with peer code reviews and code quality
- Proficiency with UNIX commands
- Experience working with relational databases such as MySQL
- Ability to write code that performs at scale
- Experience building user-focused interfaces
- A self-starter who takes ownership of one’s work
- Genuine enthusiasm and love of software development
- Solid communication skills
- Experience with message queuing services such as SQS, RabbitMQ, IronMQ, etc.
- Varnish experience
- Contributions to open source projects or personal projects
- Analytics, big data, and data pipeline experience
- Experience with AWS or other cloud providers
- Experience with subscription platforms or payment processors such as Stripe
FloSports, a global leader in live digital sports and original coverage, partners with event rights holders and governing bodies to unlock a world of sports coverage that true fans have been waiting for. Through live streaming of premier events, original video programming, and weekly studio shows, FloSports is growing the sports, the athletes and the fans. Current verticals under the FloSports header are Wrestling, Grappling, MMA, Elite Fitness, Boxing, Softball, Tennis, Pro Wrestling, Gymnastics, Marching, Basketball, Volleyball, eSports, Rodeo, Climbing, Swimming, Cheerleading, and Track.