FloSports is seeking to hire a Content Marketing Coordinator (CMC) for FloHockey in order to meet and exceed our traffic and conversion goals.
FloHockey plans to air Hockey events live each year and provide the highest quality of content to die-hard fans. The CMC builds context and hype around our schedule of live events, original documentaries, rankings, technique videos, and more, in order to improve customer acquisition and retention.
The position is located in Austin, Texas, and reports to the FloHockey Marketing Manager.
- Maximize the reach and engagement of our content on social media while monitoring our brand across all social media accounts
- Create and deploy email campaigns in accordance with the weekly email schedule
- Create weekly reports for campaigns, web traffic, social media, email, and conversions
- Create and publish content for subscription and retention campaigns and social media engagement
- Identify and leverage influencers on social media to maximize our content distribution and reach
- Attend events to create social media content relevant to the community and to drive subscriptions and awareness
- Oversee distribution of hockey videos across our owned media channels to expand reach and increase our earned media
- Identify cross-promotional opportunities for FloHockey content on other sites in the FloSports network and vice versa
- Ensure all copy fits our unique brand voice and style guidelines
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Must be an expert on hockey and have your finger on the pulse of the community we’re serving
- Must understand the value of social media and know the right levers to pull to increase the visibility and engagement of FloHockey content on social media
- Ability to transition easily between the creative and analytical sides of marketing, with experience producing excellent work under tight deadlines
- Superior copywriting, editing, and proofing skills to ensure accuracy and excellence in all published material
- Ability to develop KPI dashboards and benchmark reports for social media and online traffic to measure content engagement success
- Excellent planning/organization skills with a proven ability to collaborate and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to develop new and innovative ideas and solutions with the follow-through to execute on them
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Background in creating editorial and branded content
- Highly organized, self-motivated, and adaptable to change
- Ability to prioritize is a must
- Goal-driven with an eagerness to learn
- Knowledge of HTML, photo editing tools (e.g. Photoshop, Pixelmator), and MS Office is preferred
- Knowledge of video editing tools (Final Cut, Premier, Avid) is preferred
- Knowledge of AP Style is preferred
FloSports, the innovator in live digital sports and original content, partners with event rights holders and governing bodies to unlock a world of sports coverage that true fans have been waiting for. Through live streaming of premier events, original video programming, and weekly studio shows, FloSports is growing the sports, the events, the athletes, and the fans. Current verticals under the FloSports header are Basketball, MMA, Football, Wrestling, Track, Gymnastics, and more.