We are looking for a seasoned Site Reliability Engineer to ensure FloSports is fast, reliable and available for millions of fans. At FloSports, everyone is accountable for the overall performance and reliability of FloSports infrastructure and products.
As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) you’ll pave the way for product engineering teams to continue innovation while keeping systems reliable by implementing tools, establishing process, and working with teams to identify and measure the KPIs across various platforms. You are a developer who loves systems, creating infrastructure as code and automatIng. You have a drive to improve everything and aren’t afraid of getting your hands dirty.
- Ensure our platform exceeds goals for availability, capacity, efficiency, scalability, and performance; includes our consumer facing Live Streams/VOD web + mobile + api products as well as backend CMS systems
- Build, manage and improve our load testing infrastructure, tools and reporting; Support developers in creating and running tests
- Proactively monitor and improve end-to-end system performance, identify bottlenecks, and potential failures
- Develop and maintain scalable alerting tools for debugging and monitoring
- Work with team on disaster recovery tests, where we manually turn down pieces of infrastructure to test FloSports overall resiliency to failures and graceful degradation.
- Manage the system and processes that FloSports engineers use to build, test, and deploy their software
- Participate in site reliability planning meetings with Product / Engineering / Operations stakeholders
- You are self-motivated; possess excellent communication skills (both oral and written); able to work both independently and collaboratively
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience
- An eye for automation and instrumentation
- Experience in configuring and managing AWS services
- Experience with Unix systems administration, scripting and automation using languages such as Ruby, Python, Bash, Go, Puppet, Chef, etc
- Sharp and tenacious troubleshooting and performance optimization skills: you can fix anything and make it bigger, stronger, and faster
- Be willing to bring your ideas to life and help make lives of engineers better
TOOLS WE LIKE
- Nginx, Varnish
- Vagrant, Terraform
- Puppet, CodeDeploy
- Github, Jenkins, CircleCI
- JMeter, Redline13
- Redis and MySQL (RDS)
- ELK Stack
- Datadog, NewRelic, PagerDuty
FloSports, a global leader in live digital sports and original coverage, partners with event rights holders and governing bodies to unlock a world of sports coverage that true fans have been waiting for. Through live streaming of premier events, original video programming, and weekly studio shows, FloSports is growing the sports, the athletes and the fans. Current verticals under the FloSports header are Wrestling, Grappling, MMA, Elite Fitness, Boxing, Softball, Tennis, Pro Wrestling, Gymnastics, Marching, Basketball, Volleyball, eSports, Rodeo, Climbing, Swimming, Cheerleading, and Track.