FloSports is looking for a Part-Time Event Coordinator to help execute its growing stable of branded events in all of its sports. The PT Event Coordinator will assist pre-event planning, marketing, budget and operations, as well as day-of event coordination and fulfillment.
- Help execute throughout the event planning process, including but not limited to: Marketing & advertising, identifying venues and vendors (research), coordinating site visits, the creation of sitemaps and event staffing timelines, event set-up and breakdown, and management of event/volunteer staff and inventory.
- Help Identify and secure dates/venues of future Flo Events
- Develop an aggressive but on-target event budget estimate, identifying ways to reduce event costs and maximize revenue, including soliciting multiple vendor bids, learn and help with negotiating contracts
- Develop event marketing plan
- Assist in the development of event collateral such as programs, credentials and signage.
- Help with day-of event management and planning of event and vendor set-up/ load-ins/load-outs
- Logistics, planning, including permitting, vendor and volunteer coordination, athlete hospitality and transportation.
- Post-event wrap-up and notes on what took place and can be improved
- Post-event payment of invoices and vendor settlements
- Assist with special projects and fulfill special requests pertaining to sales and marketing.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- To be familiar with the internal workings and operations of sporting events
- Be unequivocally proactive
- Passionate about sports
- Knowledge of sales & marketing
- Extremely focused and detail oriented, yet able to juggle many things at once
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work and thrive in a high-pressure / deadline-driven environment
- Strong communication and organizational skills
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
- 2+ Years Experience Organizing Events
- Proven track record of event execution success
- Experience managing internal/external teams, people and complex projects
- Be a team LEADER, creative and MAKE THINGS HAPPEN
FloSports, an innovative sports media and events company based in Austin, Texas, is the authentic source for content and a new world of coverage that true fans have been waiting for. Focused on three areas – live competition and coverage, original content, and owned and operated events – the company takes fragmented communities and provides them the platform to connect with the sports they love.
Through live streaming of premier events, original video programming, weekly studio shows, branded entertainment, and event creation and execution, FloSports is changing the game for the sports, the athletes and the fans. Current verticals under the FloSports header are Running, Elite Fitness, Wrestling, and Gymnastics.