Backed by unparalleled rodeo knowledge and experience, the ideal freelance writer has a pulse on what stories will resonate within the community and takes pride in bringing them to life through written content. If you’re a savvy writer who knows rodeo inside and out, we want you to join our team so you can share that with the world in an authentic, entertaining way.
Candidates must be highly skilled writers and have a nose for compelling storylines. We’re looking for someone who won’t settle for second-best, no matter the situation.
- Develop engaging web content that showcases rodeo expertise, squeezes the juice out of current events, and covers the news in a way that speaks to members of the rodeo community.
- Spotlight the top athletes and personalities in your sport with interesting stories.
- Cover rodeo events by interviewing the athletes and writing compelling previews and recaps that feature the biggest storylines.
- Handle multiple content projects at once because you're a reliable, multi-tasking machine.
- You'll be a news hound, staying on top of every story and news item unfolding in your sport to ensure you provide comprehensive coverage to your readers.
- Ensure the content you create is accurate, error-free and in line with FloSports’ unique voice and brand guidelines.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- You are an authority on rodeo and obsessive about staying on top of the latest developments in the sport.
- You are a fantastic writer and editor. Grammar and spelling mistakes drive you crazy.
- You love the feeling of breaking news before anyone else, but you also understand being right is more important than being first.
- You are organized. You know how to prioritize your time. You manage multiple projects with ease.
- You are creative and analytical. You enjoy coming up with unique takes on stories and refuse to do something that has been done before. You thrive on taking an idea and making it a reality.
- You're a social media savant. You know how to write creative and engaging content that burns like fire in your community.
- You work well with management, but you’re also capable of doing stuff on your own.
- You wake up each day looking for a win. You can't wait to create new ideas and then execute them to perfection. You are competitive and driven to be the best.
- You have a bachelor's degree from a four-year college.
FloSports, an innovative sports media and events company based in Austin, Texas, is the authentic source for content and a new world of coverage that true fans have been waiting for. Focused on three areas – live competition and coverage, original content, and owned and operated events – the company takes fragmented communities and provides them the platform to connect with the sports they love. Through live streaming of premier events, original video programming, weekly studio shows, branded entertainment, and event creation and execution, FloSports is changing the game for the sports, the athletes and the fans. Current verticals under the FloSports header are Elite Fitness, Wrestling, Gymnastics, Grappling, Basketball, Boxing, MMA, Softball, Volleyball, Cheerleading, Boxing, and Running, including MileSplit.com.