FloSports Inc. is seeking to hire a content creator for our marching arts channel, FloMarching.
Backed by unparalleled knowledge in the marching arts, the ideal content creator has a pulse on what stories will resonate within the community and takes pride in bringing them to life through written and video concepts. If you’re a savvy idea-generator who knows the marching arts inside and out, we want you to join our team so you can share that with the world in an authentic, entertaining way.
Candidates must have a nose for compelling storylines and an insatiable desire to win. We’re looking for someone who won’t settle for second-best, no matter the situation.
- Develop great web content, both written and video, from the idea phase to publishing.
- Spotlight the top athletes and personalities in your sport with interesting stories.
- You'll travel around the world to create amazing coverage of live events. You'll interview the athletes, write compelling recaps and feature the biggest stories of each event.
- You will work with your team in content creation meetings, brainstorming to come up a plan that attracts readers and makes them want to stick around for more. You'll listen to your audience and adjust your plans accordingly.
- You will be capable of handling multiple content projects at once because you're a multi-tasking machine. You can be relied on.
- You'll be a news hound, staying on top of every story and news item unfolding in your sport to ensure you provide comprehensive coverage to your readers.
- You'll make sure the content you create is in line with our unique voice and brand guidelines.
- You'll be a social media influencer, actively participating in your community while marketing the content you create to those who seek it. And you'll help find other big social media gurus who can help promote your content around the world.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- You are an authority on the sport and obsessive about staying on top of the latest developments.
- You are a fantastic writer and editor. Grammar mistakes drive you crazy.
- You love the feeling of breaking news before anyone else, but you also understand that being right is more important than being first.
- You are organized. You know how to prioritize your time. You manage multiple projects with ease.
- You are creative and analytical. You enjoy coming up with unique takes on stories and refuse to do something that has been done before. You thrive on taking an idea and making it a reality.
- You're a social media savant. You know how to write creative and engaging tweets that burn like fire in your community.
- You work well with management, but you’re also capable of doing stuff on your own.
- You wake up each day looking for a win. You can't wait to create new ideas and then execute them to perfection. You are competitive and driven to be the best.
- You have a bachelor's degree from a four-year college.
- Highly organized, self-motivated and adaptable to change.
- Knowledge of HTML, photo editing tools (e.g. Photoshop, Pixelmator) and MS Office.
- Knowledge of AP Style is preferred.
- Knowledge of video editing tools (Final Cut, Premier, Avid) is preferred.
FloSports, an innovative sports media and events company based in Austin, Texas, is the authentic source for content and a new world of coverage that true fans have been waiting for. Focused on three areas – live competition and coverage, original content, and owned and operated events – the company takes fragmented communities and provides them the platform to connect with the sports they love. Through live streaming of premier events, original video programming, weekly studio shows, branded entertainment, and event creation and execution, FloSports is changing the game for the sports, the athletes and the fans. Current verticals under the FloSports header are Elite Fitness, Wrestling, Gymnastics, Grappling, Basketball, Boxing, MMA, Softball, Volleyball, Cheerleading, Boxing, and Running, including MileSplit.com.