FloSports is looking for a Video Systems Engineer. Our products are used by thousands of fans daily, and we take great pride in our work. As a Video Systems Engineer you will be joining a team that is shaping the future of the sports media landscape, and of sports in general. You must have a solid foundation in video delivery techniques for live video streaming environments, including DRM, Quality of Service, and Security.
The role will service as the most senior video technician with a strong architectural emphasis, and will serve as the escalation point for the most complex issues. The role may evolve into a leadership position as the employee develops into this new position.
- Act as the lead architect and implement video delivery workflows where necessary to optimize and/or meet business requirements.
- Evaluate and select products to be used in support of monitoring and measuring quality of service KPIs and troubleshooting efforts.
- Work closely with product groups to design and deliver a high quality of service for the video product.
- Interface with Customer Support and the Network Operations Center regarding live streaming events and the scalability and quality of service delivered by the supporting infrastructure.
- Perform analysis, diagnosis and resolution of video encoding/transcoding hardware/software issues and implement corrective solutions for live systems.
- Serve as the on site Network/Streaming Engineer at the FloSports’ largest and most significant events.
- Configure, develop, test and implement appropriate codec settings for live video streaming.
- Consult and help implement new video services and/or products in furthering the evolution of the streaming ecosystem with a focus on quality of service, high availability, and scalability.
- Perform periodic trend analysis on service impairment, outages, and customer support history.
- Cultivate relationships with current and existing vendors/partners to improve video quality of service and experience.
- Serve as FloSports’ thought leader with regard to innovation in the live streaming space.
- Network with other Industry experts on an ongoing basis. Attend national and global conferences, even presenting best practices and technology advancements at such conferences.
- Proven video streaming and media workflow experience and in-depth knowledge, and understanding of all streaming technologies.
- Extensive experience with live streaming encoders such as Elemental, Cisco, Kulabyte and ideally have managed events to large audiences.
- Up to date with all current and forthcoming streaming media technologies, i.e. MPEG 4 AVC, HEVC, Elemental, Harmonic, Telestream, Haivision, MPEG 2, UDP, RTMP, HLS, Akamai, Limelight, Level 3, H.265.
- Strong knowledge of Encoding Standards (H.264, AAC, GOP structure, I-P-B-frame schemes, profiles, bit-rates, aspect ratios)
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services.
- Must be self-motivated, detail oriented with excellent communication/interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate complex technical problems to non-technical personnel in a competent and concise way.
- Knowledge of streaming providers and vendors: CDN’s, Cloud Providers, OVP's, Encoding Hardware, etc.
- Strong Knowledge of Video Content Management Systems, video player development and securitization of video.
- Experience working with streaming software (Wowza, Apache, Windows Server, Kulabyte, Flash Media Server, ffmpeg, VLC, Wirecast).
- Adept with Video Compression for multiple devices
- Linux administration experience, preferred.
- BS degree and/or equivalent experience.
- Solid troubleshooting experience is a MUST. (Linux/Networking/Application Level.)
- Ability to deliver peak performances under pressure.
- Flexible work hours.
- Some travel required.
FloSports, a global leader in live digital sports and original coverage, partners with event rights holders and governing bodies to unlock a world of sports coverage that true fans have been waiting for. Through live streaming of premier events, original video programming, and weekly studio shows, FloSports is growing the sports, the athletes and the fans. Current verticals under the FloSports header are Wrestling, Grappling, MMA, Elite Fitness, Boxing, Softball, Tennis, Pro Wrestling, Gymnastics, Marching, Basketball, Volleyball, eSports, Rodeo, Climbing, Swimming, Cheerleading, and Track.