As the Director of Analytics at FloSports you will be responsible for growing and expanding our data capabilities. Each month, FloSports streams thousands of hours of live video and produces tens of thousands of videos on demand for millions of sports fans worldwide. These activities produce an enormous amount of data that is essential for driving the business forward. If you are an experienced data professional who wants to be a key player in changing the way live sports are consumed, FloSports is the place for you.
- Work with a team of data engineers to improve and maintain our data pipeline to support product management, executive, marketing, finance, and rights acquisitions functions.
- Own the strategy and roadmap for our data architecture, data warehouses, ETL pipelines, and reporting systems.
- Evaluate existing tools and acquire new tools to improve the usability and accessibility of data across the entire organization.
- Monitor regulatory and consumer protection compliance of our data.
- Provide mentorship across the entire company on how to best use data to drive business results.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- You have 5-plus years of related experience and 3-plus years in analytics or data pipeline development.
- You’ve worked with large data stores such as Amazon Redshift.
- You solve problems with SQL, Python, and R instead of with a spreadsheet.
- You have experience with open source data pipeline tools such as Airflow, Kinesis, Glue, and Lambda.
- You have experience working with ETL platforms such as Segment and Boomi.
- You are familiar with data visualization tools such as Mode, Periscope, and Looker.
- You love aligning engineering action with business needs.
- You’ve worked at a company with an extensive A/B testing program in the past.
- You started your career as an engineer or are currently one, and are looking to move into more management-focused roles.
- You have previous experience in sports, media, or live-streaming businesses.
- You’ve worked in an agile development environment in the past.
FloSports, the innovator in live digital sports and original content, partners with event rights holders and governing bodies to unlock a world of sports coverage that true fans have been waiting for. Through live streaming of premier events, original video programming, and weekly studio shows, FloSports is growing the sports, the events, the athletes, and the fans. Current sports covered by FloSports are Basketball, MMA, Football, Wrestling, Track, Gymnastics, and more.