FloSports seeks a passionate storyteller to join the FloHoop team in a content producer role.
The content producer contributes written and/or video content that resonates with the basketball community. They're a basketball maven who can dominate any debate regarding any aspect of the sport, whether professional or collegiate and even high school. Our ideal candidate has a thirst for knowledge and an insatiable desire to win. We're looking for someone who won't settle for second-best, no matter the situation.
At FloHoops, the content producer is responsible for bringing all the excitement and behind-the-scenes action of basketball to life. Their knowledge and storytelling abilities are unparalleled, and can be conveyed through expertly crafted written and video concepts. Working with our talented team of writers, producers, and marketers, the content producer will execute each project from conception through delivery.
The ideal candidate is a rare gem—a basketball expert and experienced visual artist who can knock out beautifully written or filmed content while maintaining the stylistic and editorial voice of FloHoops.
- Develop great web content, both written and video, from the idea phase to publishing. Spotlight the top athletes and personalities in your sport with interesting stories.
- Travel around the world to provide kick-ass on-site coverage of live events. Interview the athletes, write compelling recaps, and feature the biggest stories of each event.
- Participate in content creation meetings to facilitate plans that attract readers and make them want to stick around for more. Listen to your audience and adjust your plans accordingly.
- Be a news hound, staying on top of every story and news item unfolding in your sport to ensure you provide comprehensive coverage to your readers.
- Make sure the content you create and manage is in line with our unique brand and style guide.
- Be a social media influencer who actively participates in your community while marketing the content you create to those who seek it. Help find other big social media gurus who can help promote your content around the world.
- Build relationships within the basketball community of parents, coaches, and athletes.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- You're an authority on your sport and obsessive about staying on top of the latest developments.
- You can handle multiple content projects at once because you're a multitasking machine.
- You're a fantastic writer and editor. Grammar mistakes drive you crazy.
- You love being on camera, lending your voice and personality to current topics.
- You love the feeling of breaking news before anyone else, but you also understand that being right is more important than being first.
- You're organized. You know how to prioritize your time. You manage multiple projects with ease.
- You're creative and analytical. You enjoy coming up with unique takes on stories and refuse to do something that has been done before. You thrive on taking an idea and making it a reality.
- You're a social media savant. You know how to write creative and engaging tweets that resonates with your community.
- You work well with senior management, but you can also work independently.
- You wake up each day looking for a win. You can't wait to create new ideas and then execute them to perfection. You're competitive and driven to be the best.
- You have a bachelor's degree from a four-year college.
- You’re well-connected within the basketball community and love building relationships.
- Highly organized, self-motivated and adaptable to change.
- Knowledge of HTML, photo editing tools (e.g. Photoshop, Pixelmator) and MS Office.
- Knowledge of AP Style is preferred.
- Knowledge of video editing tools (Final Cut, Premiere, Avid) is preferred.
FloSports, the innovator in live digital sports and original content, partners with event rights holders and governing bodies to unlock a world of sports coverage that true fans have been waiting for. Through live streaming of premier events, original video programming, and weekly studio shows, FloSports is growing the sports, the events, the athletes, and the fans. Current verticals under the FloSports header are Basketball, MMA, Football, Wrestling, Track, Gymnastics, and more.