FloSports Inc. is seeking to hire a Senior Editor to lead one of our newest sports channels, FloLacrosse.
The Senior Editor is an idea generator who leads the content team. They know the difference between something that's awesome and something that isn't, and they’re willing to lead and teach their team. They're a lacrosse maven, and can dominate any debate regarding any aspect of the sport. Our ideal candidate has a thirst for knowledge and an insatiable desire to win. We’re looking for someone who won’t settle for second-best, no matter the situation.
- Develop great web content, both written and video, from the idea phase to publishing. Spotlight the top athletes and personalities in your sport with interesting stories.
- Travel around the world to create kick-ass on-site coverage of live events. Interview the athletes, write compelling recaps, and feature the biggest stories of each event.
- Lead your team in content creation meetings, brainstorming to come up a plan that attracts readers and makes them want to stick around for more. Listen to your audience and adjust your plans accordingly.
- Seek out and utilize the best freelancers you can find, and help them create killer content.
- Handle multiple content projects at once -- because you're a multi-tasking machine. Stay on top of subscription and sales initiatives and help our team deliver required assets on deadline.
- Be a news hound, staying on top of every story and news item unfolding in your sport to ensure you provide comprehensive coverage to your readers.
- Make sure the content you create and manage is in line with our unique brand and style guide.
- Be a social media influencer, actively participating in your community while marketing the content you create to those who seek it. Find other big social media gurus who can help promote your content around the world.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- You're an authority on your sport and obsessive about staying on top of the latest developments.
- You're a fantastic writer and editor. Grammar mistakes drive you crazy.
- You love the feeling of breaking news before anyone else, but you also understand that being right is more important than being first.
- You're organized. You know how to prioritize your time. You manage multiple projects with ease.
- You're creative and analytical. You enjoy coming up with unique takes on stories and refuse to do something that has been done before. You thrive on taking an idea and making it a reality.
- You're a social media savant. You know how to write creative and engaging tweets that burn like fire in your community.
- You work well with senior management, but you can also work independently. You take leadership and ownership of your team.
- You wake up each day looking for a win. You can't wait to create new ideas and then execute them to perfection. You're competitive and driven to be the best.
- You have a bachelor's degree from a four-year college.
- Highly organized, self-motivated and adaptable to change.
- Knowledge of HTML, photo editing tools (e.g. Photoshop, Pixelmator) and MS Office.
- Knowledge of AP Style is preferred.
- Knowledge of video editing tools (Final Cut, Premier, Avid) is preferred.
- Quality and volume of content produced
- Overall traffic growth goals
- Social media growth goals
FloSports, the innovator in live digital sports and original content, partners with event rights holders and governing bodies to unlock a world of sports coverage that true fans have been waiting for. Through live streaming of premier events, original video programming, and weekly studio shows, FloSports is growing the sports, the events, the athletes, and the fans. Current verticals under the FloSports header are Basketball, MMA, Football, Wrestling, Track, Gymnastics, and more.